Bob in a bag

Bob in a bag

Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Button craft and Nanart

My crafting has been a little slow recently,  There is a lot going on  in our family, several members are ill. While some can be expected  due to age others are  harder to understand . I tell myself with over 40 members in the family there will be ups and downs. 
I did take time out from phone calls and keeping other members up to date to visit all my favorite blogs   I love catching up with everyone's  news and admiring all the wonderful  creations for me it is like visiting all my favorite places in one day.

April was spent making Birthday presents for my DIL. A bracelet and necklace set along with a table center (forgot to get a photo)






Last weekend I entered the local art and craft festival, Nanart. My entries were very last minute and did not include  sewing or quilting.  I decided to try  button craft  after seeing some wonderful examples on Pintrest. It was a lot of fun trying something new and who knew buttons could be used for mosaics and bouquets.   

I am proud to say I won a first and  second prize for Beading and an highly commended for one of the button  pieces.   







Button Bouquet.  This took many hours to make and was purchase by a lovely lady who wanted to take it back to Brisbane for her Mothers Day for her mother.













April block for the CQJP 2014   http:cqjp2014.blogspot.com.au/

Happy Crafting









12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your win! Your button craft is amazing! I really like the Lacy Blue creation with the combination of the crotchet work and beads. It's charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Glady I enjoyed doing something different for a change and was surprised with the wins
    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back - sorry to read of all the illness in your family and I hope that situation improves soon. Well done on your button crafting - these are just fab and your awards are well-deserved.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Gilly
      there are some beautiful examples of button Bouquets on Pintrest. I was surprised at how stunning they are. I don't think I will do another mosaic, I have used most of my buttons lol here is a link to my Pintrest album http://www.pinterest.com/mayfield5556/button-craft-and-mosaics
      Cheers Pauline

      Delete
  4. Get you with trying something different and winning prizes! But then we all know how clever you are - you really do have diverse skills, Pauline ... a lesson to us all to try new things. Well done, you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Sorry Glinda for some reason you ended up with my response to Gilly's comment ?? Thank you for your lovely comment I truly enjoy trying new things. The only thing I don't seem to be able to master is knitting, my efforts are never quite right. lol
      Cheers Pauline

      Delete
  5. Lovely button work and you won prizes as well, your a talented lady well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh that button bouquet is GORGEOUS! and what an ace idea? perpetual flowers! and I really like the buttons on the crochet too, delicate, sort of. Well done to you, I'm glad you won some things, it does give one a fillip does it not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heckety Thanks for your comment and your right it does give me a bit of a buzz to win. It means the high standards I set myself are worth it. I got the idea for the crochet necklace from pintrest.
      Cheers Pauline

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are valued and I look forward to reading them.