Bob in a bag

Bob in a bag

Tuesday, 4 February 2014

CQJ2014 and a quick BOB tale

I have made my first block for 2014.  This year I want to concentrate on the stitching not the embellishments.  While flipping through some of my older quilting books I came across a Crazy Quilt in the Woman's Weekly Creative Patchwork book.  The blocks are easy to make and  are 11 inches when completed. 


I have used running , button hole and feather stitch along with straight stitch and french knots. Sadly the photo does not show all the stitching clearly. In the book the blocks are sewn together with out sashings but I think I will frame each block.  Plenty of time to think about that as I still have 11 blocks to go.



Bob

The Reverse Quilter (hubby kindly does my unpicking) and Bob have a very funny relationship and I am sure Bob teases the Reverse Quilter.  Sunday mornings are quiet in our house I tend to surf all things quilting on the net and the Reverse Quilter reads his book.  Lately he has been doing a jigsaw puzzle I gave him for his birthday and Bob supervises.  Last Sunday Bob sat on the Reverse Quilters shoulder and watched as pieces were put into place. After awhile Bob climbed down the Reverse Quilters arm and hid behind the puzzle box.  Every so often Bob would stick his head out from behind the box and look around.  This went on for a while and suddenly the Reverse Quilter gave a shout.  Bob had run out from behind the box and taken a piece of puzzle and flew away with it. The chase was on  and I am not sure what was funnier, watching the Reverse Quilter trying to catch Bob or Bob flying away with the puzzle piece in his mouth every time the Reverse Quilter got close. In the end I called Bob and he flew to my shoulder, I put out my hand and he dropped the piece into it and every thing was peaceful again lol

They say birds have small brains but that does not mean they are stupid Bob sure isn't.




8 comments:

  1. Pauline, I love the quilt block and can't wait to see the rest! Loved the story about Bob, too. I live with a cat named Betty and she likes to "help" me when I'm pinning out my quilts on the living room floor. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan
      Our pets can be so helpful Bob love to hide in the folds of my quilts when I am binding them. I think it shows they love us and just want to help
      Happy stitching

      Delete
  2. fab quilt block...looking forward to seeing it finished! I love Bob and such a good story! Julie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie
      Bob is kind of sweet, but he does give hubby a hard time lol
      Happy stitching

      Delete
  3. What a funny story about Bob. I don't know much about birds - I never would have thought he would be so clever! I like your little embellishment on your block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Colleen
      Bob was hand raise and young when we got him. He surprises me regularly with the things he does. I think being hand raised makes the difference, he watches everything we do and wants to “help” lol
      Cheers Pauline

      Delete
  4. Your block turned out great! My hubby has been kind enough to pull stitches for me in the past. I love the "Reverse Quilter" title. And your story about Bob and the Reverse Quilter had me chuckling this morning. I can picture it all too well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee
      Bob is very entertaining and very sweet. Cheers Pauline

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are valued and I look forward to reading them.