Bob in a bag

Bob in a bag

Sunday, 5 January 2014

Cuppa Time.




It seems so long since I last had a cuppa time. I have been struggling with a quilt so it is time to take a break.

First stop this morning was to Annette at http://crazyquiltpassion.blogspot.com.au/ .  Annette does the most amazing crazy patchwork. Clever lady has completed the Crazy quilt Journal  for 2013 ( I am two blocks behind). Also a big welcome to Annette, she has recently joined our group.

Next on my list was to Jo http://jobutterfield.blogspot.com.au/
Jo has been sorting her UFOs and has come across a quilt constructed from 4" log cabin squares, hand appliqued hearts and Celtic bias.  Jo is currently hand quilting around the  fans. Jo's quilt is stunning. Welcome to our group Jo.

A big welcome to  Sharyn Baldwin via Bloglovin, it is always exciting to meet new people.

Gilly from http://gillymakes.blogspot.com.au/ Has completed her first project for 2014 a beautiful quilt in blue tones. Check it out Gilly has posted this  link to Sew Me Something Emporium


Gladys has made a list of projects for the New Year.  There are some lovely projects and I look forward to seeing a photo of the completed projects. Love the Irish chain Gladys.  If you are into Downton Abbey , Gladys has found Downton Abbey fabric and has posted a link for the seller. 

Rosemary http://knittingquilter.blogspot.com.au/ Has revealed her Secret Santa and also some wonderful Craft related Christmas gifts.  Lucky you Rosemary the bag is great and I am sure it will get a lot of use.

One of my favourite blogs is http://blog.maryquilts.com/  The quilts on this blog are just awesome. A great blog to visit for inspiration. On the right hand side of the page in the quick link section are links to completed quilts and completed tops.  These two links take me to quilt heaven.

Jennifer at http://glindaquilts.blogspot.com.au/ has purchased her first lot of fabrics for 2014 and is bravely planning to keep the receipts from fabric purchases and add them up at the end of the year.  Jennifer is currently working on a very pretty quilt, up to the assembly stage. Well done. 

Lots of awesome crazy patchwork over at http://cqjp2013.blogspot.com.au/. A lot of finished projects. Incredible skill every block is a piece of art .

Mina from http://kindaquilty.blogspot.com.au/ has sewn a hexy top by hand. Well done Mina it has a lovely  vintage look to it.

I love catching up on what everyone is doing but it is time to get back to the problem quilt. I feel a UFO coming on Oh dear




8 comments:

  1. Hi Pauline, glad you put your feet up for a cuppa ... and thank you for the mention and encouragement. I love reading these posts of yours - I always find someone new to go and play with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Glinda

      So glad you enjoy them, I love visiting other blogs, they help me keep motivated and give me inspirations. Cheers Pauline

      Delete
  2. Sometimes it is good to walk away for a bit when your having a moment! Thank you so much for your kind words, I sat down to hand quilt my hexies and wondered what have I got myself into LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mina it is a bog job to hand quilt, but so worth it. I am sure it will be lovely and give your quilt even more charm. Cheers Pauline

      Delete
  3. Hello Pauline, thank you for your lovely comments on my blog, just looked through your photos and am so impressed with your gorgeous quilts, something I have never tried I find the idea intimidating! Hope you were able to get back and finish this one and look forward to seeing the end product :-) Julie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie you are more than welcome, I enjoyed visiting your blog. I started my quilting with small projects and made lots of mistakes along the way Lol and it is nice to get them finished
      Cheers Pauline

      Delete
  4. Carry on with cuppa time very newsy blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are valued and I look forward to reading them.