Bob in a bag

Bob in a bag

Monday, 23 December 2013

Leaving things to the last minute lol

This morning I have completed two table runners.  They are gifts for my Niece and my SIL.  Talk about a last minute rush.  We are leaving after lunch to Catch up with them for Christmas at my father inlaws  in Toowoomba
.



The long runner is made from three 12 inch nine patch blocks made from scraps.  The second runner is made from sixteen 5 inch charm squares and an 8 inch scrap of fabric.   I have trouble quilting in the ditch. I used decorative stitching and was able to run the stitching down the seam line.  So much easier.




4 comments:

  1. That's clever! I always have trouble staying in the ditch too. I'm going to try that next time!
    Have a very Merry Christmas, Pauline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Colleen stitching in the ditch has frustrated me for years. This is so much easier. Good luck and Happy New Year

      Delete
  2. I love your quilting stitch! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to use decorative stitching instead of stitching in the ditch. Stitching in the ditch always takes me so long to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are valued and I look forward to reading them.